Westcott to release “1000W” LED studio light in February
At the PhotoPlus show in New York, Ohio-based FJ Westcott announced a powerful continuous LED light, due to be available early next year. The company say “it’s a new LED studio light with the ability to mount a speedring directly to the head”. The lamp, billed to be as powerful as an equivalent 1000W tungsten hot light, will be able to accept softboxes and other light modifiers in the same way your mains-powered flash heads do.
The Westcott 1000W Daylight LED — which is yet to receive a catchy name — is expected to be on sale in February 2013. You can sign up for updates on the manufacturer’s web site.
- Westcott release fluorescent Spiderlight TD6
- Another Bowens S-mount LED lamp for photography
- Westcott Ice Light to meet a warm or icy reception?
- Westcott announces Ice Light product recall
- Jinbei’s S-fit Sun LED uses 90% less energy